February 15, 2011

Tears

This picture captures the moment Duke met his Grammy Patti, my Mom.    


Today my mama left to go home to Colorado.  I'm blue.  There were tears.  Lots of tears.  I already started missing her the second she got out of the car at the airport.  I hate that we live so far apart from each other.  


I am so happy she was able to hop on a plane in a moment's notice and stay with us for almost 3 weeks.  I can not imagine these three weeks without her and my heart is happy that she was able to be here to watch our family of two turn into a family of three.  Duke is so lucky to have her as his Grammy.  My ultimate goal is for our families to live closer together.  Life is too short to live so far apart from the people you love the most.


Grammy spent hours crocheting this beautiful turquoise blankie for her boy.  It is already one of our favorites.

Thank you times a million for taking such good care of us.  We love you and miss you so much already!! 

Love,
Chels & Baby Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...