May 20, 2011

Ponies.

Well, horse racing season is upon us.  If there's anything i've learned in my 8 year relationship and 3 year marriage it is the importance of the "First Saturday in May"(and a couple Saturdays afterwards).  This is serious business in our house.  There is late night studying and charts.  Lots of charts.  My husband is actually pretty good at this stuff and usually does better than the professionals on TV.  On race day I usually bet exactly $18.  I choose my favorite 3 horses based on name and silk colors and bet them all to win, place and show, $2 each. 
Tomorrow is the Preakness.  Last year we went to the race and had a grand ol' time.  My hubby went out early in the morning and bought me a bag full of hats to choose my favorite.  He gets REAL excited.  We had had a good day of getting dressed up and drinking black eyed susans.  And my hat was pretty darn fun to wear.






This year, instead of spending the day in the sun watching the ponies, i'll be spending my day in the sun watching this guy


And that's a-ok with me.

Love,
Chels




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...