September 5, 2010

Uptember Turd.

When I was little I couldn't say "September Third" so I said my birthday was on "Uptember Turd".  I've never lived that one down.  I had a pretty great Uptember Turd this year.  
My birthday actually began one night early.  Did you know that when you are pregnant you can get away with things you would NEVER be able to get away with last year on your birthday?  Example:  I convinced my husband to let me have my birthday cake a full 24 hours early.  I had excellent reasons, including, "the baby wants ice cream and I don't think I got enough calcium today".  He told me to call my mom and ask her.  She said yes without even hesitating (she always has my back).  So I got to do this on September 2nd:




On the REAL Uptember Turd I went and had a massage and a mani/pedi, then met my husband for a yummy lunch.  Then had a looooong nap and went to my favorite restaurant Woodberry Kitchen www.woodberrykitchen.com and had this:


It was homemade malt ice cream with caramel sauce, "wet" peanuts (which is like homemade peanut butter) and marshmallow fluff that was carmelized on the top so it was hard like candy.  YUM.

I see a pattern here.

Love,
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...