March 3, 2011

We walked. With the moby wrap.

Tuesday it was almost 60 degrees so Duke and I took a walk in his stroller.  Note to self - don't take a walk with the stroller on a Tuesday.  Ever.  Not only are the sidewalks around where we live treacherous due to the huge tree roots causing massive sidewalk cracks and hardly any sidewalk ramps, Tuesday is trash day and everybody has their trash can on the sidewalk.  I had to move about 40 trash cans to get the stroller by on the sidewalk.  I would have never even noticed this if I hadn't had the stroller.  It's a whole new world.  On the way home I stopped for some soup at the market by my house and got the third degree on my stroller from an older grandma-like lady.....it looks neat....how do I like it....how does it work....then she asked me how much it was.  Clearly she hasn't priced strollers these days because when I told her she actually got mad at me and walked away without another word.  Ummmmm....sorry?  
Yesterday we decided to take another walk, this time with the moby wrap to avoid any stroller aggravation.  It was pretty windy but we went for it anyway.  In addition to the bad sidewalks, in order to get to an area to take a long and pretty walk I have to cross a major intersection as well as walk by 3 bus stops.  No offense to anybody that takes the bus, but you are pretty much always guaranteed at least one sort of crazy person sitting at the bus stop. Right?  Yesterday said crazy person asked me if I  had my cat in the baby sling.  Yes ma'am, I do.  Clearly I have my cat in here and my exceptionally well behaved cat loves to be wrapped in a baby sling and taken for a walk.  
Here is us right before leaving the house.  I look like I need a nap and a shower.  And I do. 


PS - has anybody seen Portlandia?  Clearly the walls in my sewing room are cool because I "Put a Bird on It".  Hehehe :)

Love,
C

2 comments:

  1. Your baby is getting soooo big, and your body is getting sooooo small!! Good work Chelsea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you like the Moby Wrap? Was it hard to put on? I am a bit hesitant to get one because we live in hot, humid Florida but it looks like it'd be easier to get more things done with a baby around.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...