November 25, 2010

To Be Thankful



I feel like this year in particular I have so much to be thankful for.  I am thankful every day for my amazing family.  Without them I wouldn't be me.  I can't imagine a world in which my loving, generous and supportive parents....my smart and witty little brother....or my husband, who really is my very best friend in the world...didn't exist. 
This year I am the most thankful for this beautiful baby boy in my belly.  As a small handful of our family and close friends know, arriving at this point in our lives did not come without it's challenges.  It took us two long years of hard work, education, doctor visits, acupuncture, a devastating miscarriage, lots of tears and a fear of the unknown to arrive at our current destination.  We had it easier than a lot of other people who don't get pregnant as easily as they hope, but our challenge was ours to embrace and conquer.  
This particular pregnancy has also come with it's fair share of scary moments and hasn't been picture perfect.  Pregnancy is scary in the most raw physical and emotional way.  It's something that you want so badly so deeply in your soul the thought that it could be gone in an instant is almost too much to bear sometimes.  
One day, my husband started saying to me, "We are having THAT baby".  It's so simple, just a short 5 word sentence, but it has become our mantra.  We ARE having THIS baby.  Those words have gotten me through many days and many worries.  For some reason, that sentence makes me feel like we have some control over what happens because I truly believe that we ARE having this baby. 
I will be forever thankful for him and the joy and laughter that will come along with raising and loving him, every day, for the rest of our lives. 
We can't wait to meet you little man. 

Happy Thanksgiving.

Love,
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...