November 15, 2010

Whew.

We've been busy.  My mom is visiting again and I saved a bunch of baby tasks to accomplish while she was here to help.  In the last couple of days we: 

-Ordered the stroller and car seat
-Ordered the cradle for our bedroom and the moses basket
-Finished our registry at Babies R Us
-Bought all of the toiletries (almost) that i'll need post birth + toiletries for baby
-Purchased almost all of the remaining baby items on my list
-RD is almost finished painting the nursery (just some trim left to finish) and started putting the crib together last night.

We're getting there!  Preparing for baby is a big job, especially when trying to run a business.  This week we have our 4th birthing class, interview a pediatrician and interview our prospective doula.
My goal is to have everything ready for baby plus have our entire basement cleaned out and organized (this is no small job) before my family comes to visit for Christmas.  I would love to have some time to relax, take a deep breath and sew some fun goodies for our little boy before he arrives.

Also, we watched the movie "Babies" last night which follows 4 babies from birth to their first birthday in California, Mongolia, Japan and Africa.  It is SO good!  It's really interesting to see how parents raise their babies so differently in each part of the world, yet they all reach big milestones like crawling and walking and talking at around the same time.  It has lots of funny laugh out loud scenes.  I great, easy movie to watch.  Highly recommended for anybody.


(Photo via)

1 comment:

  1. I have wanted to see Babies for awhile now but still haven't gotten around to it. I'll have to add it to my weekly to-do list so I finally just WATCH IT already. :) It looks fascinating.
    Sounds like you're getting lots accomplished lately for the new babe, that's great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...