June 8, 2011

We are officially cloth diapering

And so far we love it!  We're a couple of weeks in and it's going great.  I was a little bit apprehensive and intimidated about starting but it's actually super easy and really no big deal.  So far we have 12 diapers and i'm doing a load of diaper laundry every other day.  We're still using disposables for night time and out of the house errands.  Honestly, the cloth diapers contain the poop a million times better than the disposables.  I had him in a disposable yesterday after running to the Post Office and he had a poop explosion up to his neck that required a bath.  I'm not exaggerating.  I am curious about what will happen once he's eating more solid foods.  Right now I can throw them in the washer (poop and all) since he's breastfed (and spitting out most of his rice cereal).  Once we add in veggies and fruit i'll probably have to invest in a sprayer for the toilet.  I'm mostly worried about hooking it up since our house is 80 years old and messing with the plumbing doesn't always have a good ending.  I suppose we'll cross that bridge once he has his first bite of avocado.
Even dada is on board and took a time out to learn how to snap them up the right way.




I'll update on our cloth diapering progress.

Love,
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...