January 20, 2011

Surprise! It's a Baby Shower!

Saturday was a great day.  My amazing and loving girlfriends (and husband too) arranged a surprise baby shower for me and baby boy, complete with balloons, cupcakes, snacks, "cocktails", and beautiful gifts.  Since all of our friends and family are so spread out across the country and the world I had decided there was no possible way to have a baby shower.  We don't have a close knit group of friends here in Maryland and no family members at all, so it just didn't seem logistically possible.

Summer, Holland and Sue ~ you really made me feel so special and loved....at a time when a good girlfriend is especially important.  Thank you girls SO much, from the bottom of my heart, for pulling this together.  It really means the world to me and I will remember this day forever.  I am so happy to have had a chance to celebrate this little boy coming into our lives.

Friends and family sent the most precious gifts from all over the map....New York City, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Colorado, Oregon....I am just overwhelmed at the generosity and thoughtfulness that went into this day.  Also, a special thank you to Christina and Cori for being super good sports and showing your sweet faces.

Here is a glimpse at some of the sweet gifts we received:

These adorable little numbers are from Christina.  I've been coveting this hat from the darling Etsy shop Snugars for ages.  I can't wait to put it on his sweet little head!



Anette sent this precious little ellie from Ella Bella May.  It is so incredibly soft and smushy....it's already in the little mister's crib for snuggling.
  


These adorable books and booties were sent by Miss Priscilla.  The books are darling and will be bedtime favorites i'm sure.  They are already put away on his apple crate bookshelf (pics of that soon!!!). Obviously, from my previous post about all of the little fella's shoes we are suckers for a cute booty and this little guy can never have too many!  I absolutely love the little applique monsters.  They are amazing.



My dear friend Carly sent the cutest little jammies and sweater suit from Baby Gap.  I've never seen these pajamas before (and i've logged some hours at Baby Gap the last few months) so i'm thinking they must be some kind of special NYC item that we don't get here in MD.  I heart them.  A LOT.






Thank you to Cori for the yummy Burt's Bees baby products...I could literally eat this stuff it smells so good (and doesn't have any of the yucky parabens/sulfates/etc found in so many baby products).  And the shoes....the SHOES!!!  Gracious May has been one of my favorite Etsy shops for ages.  They make the sweetest little girl shoes you've ever seen and luckily they have a select few little boy items.  How stinking cute are these!



I had some help from a friend with this last photo.  She's not sure about this baby.  Not sure at all.


Not only did Sue host the shower, and make the delicious food and cupcakes, and get the balloons, and wrap the gifts, and keep everything a surprise (and supply us a boatload of hand me downs from her boys)...she also surprised us with some toys that are favorites of her one year old twin boys Liam and Vaughn.  We had a good test run with them in the hands of real live babies who love them.  They look like winners to me.  Music...light....total entertainment!  Thank you Colin & Sue!


Not only was Summer the mastermind behind this whole surprise, but she put together the most amazing goodie bag of mama products that she thought we couldn't live without.  Summie is the mama to one year old baby Leo and has another little bundle on the way this summer.  Her gift is so thoughtful and came with a card explaining each item.  I just know these will be some of my favorites.
Included in this fun prize pack are:
1) The Moby Wrap - so perfect & cozy for carrying baby through 6 months or so.
2) The nursing cover from Etsy shop Gingersnappz
3) Kicky Pants Coveralls - these are LITERALLY the softest cotton i've ever felt in my whole life.  And who doesn't love a little butt flap with snaps??
4) Gerber Organic Crib Sheet - Summie loves these sheets best because they fit really tight and don't leave wrinkles under baby's sweet face.  Apparently some weeks you go through 3 or 4 sheets??!!  Who knew!
5) Mama Zen - This is supposed to be a great read around 3 months and puts things in perspective when you're sooooo exhausted you can barely speak.
6) Natrasutten Pacifier - This is the only pacifier Summer's baby would take.  It's natural rubber and all one piece so mold and bacteria can't grow in any cracks.
LOVE this whole entire pack and can not wait to try them all out!





Miss Holland outdid herself once again.  Along with helping to plan and coordinate the shower she went and got us these hand knit sock monkey pants from the Etsy shop CrankyPants Knits .  I can not believe she purchased these little bundles of cuteness.  I can't even imagine how adorable a little diaper butt is going to look in these pants.  These are definitely a keepsake item that can (and will!) be passed down through generations.



It's no secret that RD is a HUGE Minnesota Vikings fan.  I still have no idea why, since he grew up in Oregon.  He has photos of himself as a tiny tot in his Vikings t-shirt, a die hard fan forever.  Holland's fiance Justin is actually from Minnesota and couldn't resist this Vikings snowsuit for the little mister and his dada.  He was SO excited about this present!  And he got to open something too...


My parents have spoiled us rotten.  Not only did they buy us our dream stroller, our cradle and the moses basket....they went overboard at Christmas with tons of tiny clothes, toys and books for their first Grandson.   My mom couldn't resist and sent along this adorable knit kitty from blabla .  I have been eyeballing this doll for years in Anthropologie and always hoped it would someday be in my baby's room....and now it is!



 I just ordered more thank you cards because I ran out!  I literally can't express in words how much this meant to me.  
Thank you, thank you, thank you.  From the bottom of my heart.

All Our Love,
Chelsea and Baby Boy G

1 comment:

  1. All those gifts are so lovely and thoughtful! Gap jammies are the best ones we've found, and the only ones we use now.

    I love the idea of making a gift package made up with all those mama must haves, I think I'm going to have to befriend an expecting mother now!

    Blue Skies,
    Charlotte xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...