January 7, 2011

Update ~ Sideways Baby

We had an ultrasound to check in on the little Mister yesterday....and yep...he's still sideways.  I'm happy to know my "mama's intuition" is turned on and he's actually laying exactly how I thought he was laying.  He is JAM PACKED in there!!!  His head is under my right rib with his back in a c-curve up in my rib cage, with is little butt in my left hip and his feet kicking my right hip.  Super comfy in his little "cozy cove" as we've been calling it.  The little guy did not want his picture taken and made it pretty much impossible to get a good look at his face.  We were lucky enough to get a two second glimpse of his cute little self and the ultrasound tech quickly turned it to 3D and captured a screen shot of his profile.  Of course I started crying....i'm going to be a complete mess when he's born.  The picture is pretty blurry and hard to make out so I won't post it, but i'm pretty sure he's the cutest little boy in the whole wide world :)  Oh, we did get to see him playing with his hair!  We spent lots of time looking at the top of his head and at one point he reached up there and started giving himself a little hair-do.  
After the ultrasound we had an appointment with a doctor to discuss a "version" where he manually turns the baby with his hands, through my belly.  After much research and thought we've decided to give it a try.  The benefits seem to far outweigh the risks, especially since avoiding a c-section is so important to me.  I want to give myself every opportunity to have a natural birth and if I don't try this i'll feel like I didn't do everything I could do.  So far we haven't had any luck with chiropractic, acupuncture or inversions so hopefully this will do the trick.  We're scheduled for next Friday morning.  I'm definitely nervous but also hopeful that this will work.  
Wish us luck and send your "baby turning" thoughts our way!!!
Love,
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...